Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Day

Every year I write about what a terrible job I did documenting Christmas.  Well, this year is no different!  Just a few snaps from a wonderful, memorable day. 

This was the first year I did matching Christmas jammies, but it won't be the last!

Christmas Eve we gathered at Nana's house.  The boys were completely immersed in the DK Lego books Nana picked out.  And, they still are. 

After all of the kids were in bed Nate and I settled in too so that Santa could make his delivery to our good little boys and girl.
 Christmas morning was just fun.  I loved hearing "He came!  Look Luke Santa came!" and "This is exactly what I wanted!"  These little boys were all smiles and overflowed with excitement.


The boys were equally excited to give Nate a picture book he's really wanted, RETURN. 

It's the third in a series of wordless books by Aaron Becker that we all love.


These wallets WITH money to spend inside were a huge hit.
 
 From the time she became mobile Leah has gone after Noah's bear.  So Santa brought her one that is awfully close in appearance to her big brothers.  She pulled it out of the bag, showed it to me, and then proceeded to tackle that bear with a big hug.  Santa knew exactly what this girl would like!
With Christmas on Sunday we headed off to 11:00 church.  It was perfect.  I wish we could do that every year.  After church we walked over to the temple, and with my friend Ali's help, snapped this picture.  It's pretty perfect too.  :-)
The rest of the day was spent with family at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  The boys were thrilled with their Kylo Ren light sabers and voice changing helmets from Grandma and Grandpa, and Leah loved that her new baby doll's eyes could open and close.  Nate and I were spoiled as well, but my favorite part was just being together with the people I love most.  It was a perfect, wonderful Christmas day!

No comments: