Sunday, September 28, 2014

One last thought...

I'll just say this:

Spring of this year brought some serious heartache.  The partial molar pregnancy (which is still something I'm dealing with) and my dad's passing just a few weeks later were a huge one-two punch.   It wasn't until sometime in July that I really felt the weight and grief of those losses.  There were understandably some difficult, emotional days.

I knew this Disneyland trip was going to be fun.

I knew we'd make great memories.

What I didn't expect was for this trip to feel like it was balancing out and even outweighing those hard experiences from earlier this year.   This little family of ours was kind of due for an intense dose of happiness, and we sure found it.  

It sounds almost silly, but the best way I can describe the trip is 'magical.'  Our visit to the 'happiest place on earth' was priceless, and perhaps even more special (and magical!) because of the hard things we have recently experienced.

I am immensely grateful that we were able to make it happen.

1 comment:

jordan and maci said...

I just love you! I am so glad you had such a fun trip--I can't think of anyone more deserving of a healthy dose of "happy";)