Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Leah's Blessing

Sunday morning as I drove to church I found myself in tears -- for the very best reasons.  It was Leah's blessing day and as I came up the hill, with the temple in view, I just felt overcome with gratitude for each of these people.  Life with Nate and Noah and Luke and Leah really is a dream come true.

This little girl.  

All I can say is that our family has changed for the better since she arrived.  None of us had any idea that she's exactly what we were missing, and the love in our home seems to have magically increased tenfold.

Little Leah was blessed in the same dress I wore almost 37 years ago for my blessing.  It was in perfect condition and looked like the most perfect dress for the occasion.  I didn't want to take her out of it!
 (Hello scowling, but oh, so adorable face!)

Nate gave her a truly beautiful blessing, one that could only be sent from Heaven just for her.  The phrase I'll remember most is that she's been blessed with "a heart full of love."  Oh, how I feel that already from her.  
 

Having babies near the holidays does have its perks.  One of those is that all of the family has been in town for each of our kids' blessings. 
This was the first one for our little family where my dad and Grandpa Pebley weren't there.  I was particularly mindful of them on Sunday and so very grateful for the knowledge we have of eternal families.  

After the blessing my mom generously invited all of the family over for brunch.  She had quite a spread, which from her, I would expect nothing less. :-)  She knows how to feed a crowd well, that's for sure.  I was so thankful that we could all be together and for her efforts to make it happen.
My grandma didn't want to miss the blessing of our little girl.  I am so thankful that she and Leah had some time to get acquainted and that we snapped an updated four generations picture.


And I love that Leah has that sweet Kate to play with as the two of them grow up.  Kristina and I are both so lucky to have these little girls to love.

Cousin time is fun time with all of these cute kids.  There is so much personality and energy that fills the house when these cousins are together.
Leah's arrival is helping the girls to 'win,' with a score of 5 to 4, but we'll see how long that lasts.

 Sunday was such a blessed day!  When you're surrounded by that much family who freely give so much love it's hard to call it anything but perfect.
 We are the luckiest.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Congratulations on your darling little girl! She is so precious. You have such a beautiful family.