Thursday, January 6, 2011

Whose baby is that?

This can't possibly be our baby:
You see, our baby loves the closeness of being snuggled, typically protests at being on his back, and shows all of his strength when a swaddle is attempted. But he sure is cute and darling and grunts just like our sweet Noah. Hmmm....
One of Nate's coworkers sent this little bassinet/rocker home with him last night (THANK YOU Amber!), and little Noah didn't mind it at all. I took a risk and decided to swaddle him when it was time for bed, and he gave me a look that just sort of said, "O.k., I guess it's not that bad."

For the first time in four weeks I didn't hold Noah all night long. I have few complaints about doing it, because it was what worked and I knew it wouldn't be forever that he'd need to sleep this way. Besides, if this is his 'sleep with mommy' stage instead of at two or three, I'm pretty lucky.

Sure, it was only one night, but I can't help but be optimistic. I think you're growing up Noah!

4 comments:

Anniebanannie said...

He is so cute! I can't wait to see him in a few weeks...and you guys too of course. These little newborns are sure hard to figure out huh? Glad you got a nights sleep to yourself :) But they sre are fun to cuddle :)

Boyce said...

Hurray!! Hurray!!
He sure is a cutie.

Patti said...

What a darling little guy he is, I just saw Mandi's baby the other day,and she is getting so big also!! fun times cuddle time is always wonderful.

Our Family said...

That looks so comfy! Lucky little guy! I hope he likes it every night so you can get some sleep!