Noah is one month old!
This little rocking chair was mine as a child, and now I think we'll watch Noah grow into it this year, month by month.
What a month it has been. I have never worried more, slept less or spent this much time at home. It's been wonderful and challenging, all wrapped up together.
It seems like every day Noah gets a little more comfortable and adjusted to life. In the past week he has:
- grown out of his newborn clothes and is diligently working on that double chin.
- lost a lot more of his newborn hair, which means his 'old man fringe' around the ears and neck is starting to show more.
- become much more vocal by screaming (of course!), grunting, and making those sweet cooing sounds.
- likes to be sung to - which I'll only do if Daddy is asleep or not home. :-)
- slept by himself for two nights (another hurray for that one!).
After the pediatrician and my friend Chrissie recommended the Sleepy Wrap, I bought one. If you've got a baby who hates to be left alone or put down, but you actually want to get something done during the day, this is a must. It has saved me, and is definitely a highlight of the month for me. It's the perfect combination of being close to my sweet baby, but hands free and still a bit productive. Love it!
One more...because I'm absolutely smitten by him: