Saturday, May 28, 2016

Joy School Grad

A few nights ago the Joy Schoolers and their families gathered to celebrate these six kids.

I love the values of Joy School.  Academically, I've never been worried about Noah being ready for kindergarten.  That's not what preschool was about at all for him or me.  What I was more interested in and most concerned about was that he be surrounded by goodness, in a wholesome environment, because his exposure to so many things beyond my control would come soon enough in kindergarten.

Admittedly, I've tried to keep his world a little 'small' in this regard, but I'm o.k. with that. My goal has been to teach him problem solving skills, manners, and appropriate social behavior in a more controlled environment like home, joy school, and church.  I'm praying that practice makes permanent in this regard, and he'll have a confident approach to whatever comes his way. 

Joy School has been perfect.  He has built strong friendships, improved his problem solving skills, and put his creativity to work in so many different ways.

I loved being able to talk about each kid in our group, especially this boy.
Noah is silly, creative and competitive.  In the last year I've seen him mature and become a really fantastic friend, brother, and helper.  He tries so hard to choose the right and understands that he can influence others to be good as well.

He's ready for kindergarten.  Me, not so much.  But I've got to let him spread those wings and find success that he'd never experience without leaving.

August 9th is coming too soon!  So in the meantime, I'm just going to snuggle him like crazy every morning until that exciting day comes!

No comments: