Thursday, June 26, 2014

Gram

When it comes to grandmas, I've got a good one.

Nate does too.  We both have really tender feelings for our grandmas. 

It was a treat to have Gram here for Kate's blessing and then just a few weeks later for my dad's funeral.  Gram knows about being a widow, and as much as I think she'd like to move on and join her husband, I sure am glad she's staying around.

There is a warmth and goodness about Gram.  She just radiates love and service.  Every time we talk on the phone and I ask how she's doing her response is, "I am doing GREAT."  I'm not sure that's always an honest answer :-), but it sure is an optimistic one.  Oh, I love her.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2014 &emdash;
And I love that my boys are getting to know and love her too, even if it's mostly on the phone.  While she was here for the funeral Luke started saying "Gam, Gam!"  He was so excited to see her.  They feel her love and want to be around her.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2014 &emdash;
Noah loves reading with Gram.  On this particular day she read as many books as Noah wanted -- which was a lot. 
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2014 &emdash;


We were so excited when Gram shared with us that she was going to be featured on The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's 'Music and the Spoken Word.'  She was the perfect fit for this particular episode, focusing on optimism.  She is definitely that and so much more. 

Gram is featured at the 14:49 minute mark. 

No comments: