Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Celebrating One

Noah's birthday last week started out a little bit like last year: at the hospital.

After hours of screaming, none of us could take it anymore, and we headed off to the ER a little before 3 a.m. We knew he had an ear infection, which the doctor confirmed. After only an hour later we were back home, and things were much more calm. It was a sweet moment when my little boy, who has never been a 'rock me to sleep' baby, fell asleep in my arms right at about the exact time he was born the previous year. Despite the exhaustion, it was a sweet, tender gift.

I am so lucky to be his mom.

We gathered our families together on Saturday to celebrate being one.

I kept things pretty simple, but I think it all came together nicely, even the cake.
Which I did photograph outside because it was too dark inside. Go here for details about the cake.

We took a family picture before the partying began,
the camera caught us giving Noah a 'kiss sandwich,'
and, as you can see, he didn't like that at all.

Noah was the perfect cake eater. After a few pokes at the frosting, he dug right in.
I was surprised how clean he kept his face.
He is, after all, the kid who uses his hair for a napkin, remember?
He definitely loves cake and making a mess.
Toys, books and clothes all made for perfect gifts. This little guy sure is spoiled.
I made a ravioli pasta bake for dinner, since ravioli are a Noah favorite.
Noah spent the rest of the evening playing with one family member after another and trying out his new toys. He's a big fan of the tunnel.

1 comment:

Lindsey H said...

You're not alone when it comes to getting weepy at the littlest things like you've been telling me. Even though you had told me the story in person of holding Noah in the hospital, reading it again hear make me tear up! What a cute kid and cute party. :)