Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy Family Day!

Today we celebrate five years of marriage.

In coming together we were suddenly defined by a few new titles...

...Couple...
(I hope he'll always make me laugh.)

...Honeymooners...
(Oh, will we ever get back to Costa Rica?)

...and Newleyweds...

At the time I didn't think much of being a 'family.' But I understand better now that five years ago, the choice we made to be married, made us not just an eternal couple (or eternal honeymooners, as nice as that would be!), but an eternal family. Ultimately, that's the reason we came together.
That little one of ours has made me think of 'anniversary' different now. It's a little about the two of us, but it's more about the day a beautiful thing started -- our family.
Happy Family Day!

No comments: