Friday, July 8, 2011

Seven Months

Noah is seven months old!
Seven months. It's going too fast.

Before long the scooting will turn into crawling, and the crawling will lead to doing lots of big boy things, like running. I'm excited for those milestones, but trying to hold on to the sweet experiences we have every day right now.


Last month Noah found his feet, and this month those feet made it to his mouth. Such cuteness.

Sitting for longer than about ten seconds is still tricky. Twenty-two pounds is a lot of weight to hold up!
Right now sitting is accompanied by a very forward lean for balance.

As soon as we give Noah a toy, he maneuvers it in his hands until he can find the tag to chew or suck on.

At first the sippy cup was just a fun biting toy, but Noah likes drinking out of it too.

This guy is a happy swimmer. He kicks his legs and likes to splash.

Since Noah was born I've thought a lot about sacrifice.

Never in my life have I sacrificed more. That's not a complaint, it's just reality. It seems like 'sacrifice' often has kind of a negative connotation...and it really shouldn't. Sacrificing some good things for something better (and definitely more important), like being Noah's mom 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, has been a process of refinement. Sometimes it's an exhausting process. But, it's a choice I'm glad that I've made.

Refining isn't always easy or rosy and sweet, but it does create new strength. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven. I see that everyday. The blessings of heaven, many as they are, come daily; and those blessings would not be mine without the challenging beauty of sacrifice. I love being a mom.

Oh, and I liked reading this recently.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog. Now I have to try some of your great recipes. Pictures are really cute.

Melissa said...

He is so cute! And looks just like a Boyce!