Monday, March 16, 2009

I knew it was coming...


That's right, it would seem that eight years of seniority in my school district is meaningless these days, because it still didn't save me from getting this little layoff notice on Friday. Oh, the irony of getting a layoff notice on Friday the 13th! I was forewarned by my principal about a week ago, but it's still LAME. The reality is that my job is pretty safe (uh, I think!), and this anxiety-provoking letter has been sent to too many teachers. But it's still a bit unnerving to even be put in the 'pink slip' category.
I haven't really lost much sleep over it, but I did use it as an excuse to try out a new recipe. Hopefully in the coming weeks as budgets are continually reviewed and reworked I'll hear that this letter has rescinded. Until then, I may just cope with any rising nervousness by experimenting with new pink desserts! I'm always looking for an excuse to put my KitchenAid to work!

4 comments:

J-me Boyce said...

Laying off Mrs. Boyce would be a real diservice to the children of Sacramento!
T
hey better not.....

I can think of about 100 other things they should be cutting out before this even comes to mind!!!

The Bradford Bunch said...

That's just so... RETARTED! Don't they know a good thing when they have it? I'll keep you in my prayers! Love ya Annie. :)

Tiffany said...

So sorry about the pink slip. But I'd never seen your baking blog. So fun! I'll be visiting more often. Am I ok to link it on my blog so I don't lose it?

Dianna said...

Hey Cousin Tiffany! You are more than welcome to link sweetsista4.blogspot.com to your blog. Thanks for asking! I keep trying to hack into your blog, but it's private...can you let me in? :-)