Friday, February 20, 2009

Small and Big Birthdays

I think I was more excited last night to celebrate Nate not working until ten or eleven o'clock than the fact that it was his birthday. And, we got to eat dinner together. That doesn't happen much these days (um, pretty much never), at least not during the week. So we stopped in at our favorite Folsom restaurant, Chicago Fire and filled ourselves with pizza. Yum!
For my birthday I got a little something in this oh, so cute little box from Nate. He really is the best gift giver, and I love this latest one as a treasure to add to my jewelry box (which he also gave me a few Christmases ago).
I didn't look very hard, but I think gift bags large enough to hold Nate's present are hard to come by. I didn't even try to wrap it. A cute bow was all he got. It didn't matter though, because the contents of the box were definitely well received. Nate's got a new gadget! Photo editing just got a lot more detailed and clearer, that's for sure.
It's been a good birthday week for the two of us. Thanks to all for the emails, phone calls and gifts. If this is what the thirties are like...we'll take it. Life is good!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

sorry it is belated from us but we do wish you a good b/day. looks like you had a nice relaxing time.

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler and Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to the both of you!!! Looks like it was great! Nate we need to get together!!!

Emily said...

Cute blog. It's been fun reading through and a seeing what's gone on in your life. Congrats on it all and Happy Birthday!

Natasha said...

Glad you guys had happy birthdays. Happy b-days

allison nadauld said...

Glad you had such great birthdays. Ten or Eleven...is that typical? That's late!

Patti said...

I remember when I turned 30 my mom called me and said how does it feel to be 30? I don't remember feeling any different than 29. life has a way of passing by way to fast.