Sunday, January 28, 2007

...the best day

I've heard people say that your wedding isn't supposed to be the best day of your marriage because every day is supposed to get better after that. Nonsense. I do agree that every day is so good, but how many days in your life do you get to be the absolute center of everything? It will probably never happen for us again. A sweet family walked past us as we were taking pictures outside the temple and their little daughter said, "Look Mom, it's Cinderella!" I haven't really ever thought of myself as the Cinderella-type, at least not the one in the ball gown. It's not that I run around with little mice or anything. It's just that Nate and I are both just pretty casual and laid back. Not your typical Prince Charming and Cinderella, Brad and Angelina or any other attention getting folks. We are, however, still talking about how perfect that day was: the weather, the leaves on the trees, the food (oh, the food!) and so many friends and family to celebrate with. Actually, being Cinderella was great, even if it was only for the day. And after the most perfect day was over, we headed to Costa Rica. Maybe the days did get better and better...

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Dianna, tell Nate hello for me! We were good friends at BYU, and I saw you guys in the Ensign!
Christina

Unknown said...

May I remind you that Cinderella was also very laid back, otherwise how could she have put up with those nasty ace step sisters of hers? All until she got her big break and next thing you know she's in a wedding dress too. Maybe you are more like her than you think. I just found your blog and I am adding you to my blog list :) I can't believe all the amazing things you have gotten to do!!! Congratulations :)-Joanie Atwater