Sunday, July 2, 2017

June Bits

Leah's face kind of sums up her life right now: a mess.  Just about whatever she comes into contact with seems to somehow turn into a disaster.  Oh, it can be frustrating, and yet she is so good at balancing that destruction out with extreme cuteness.

Somehow no one had a shirt after bath time one evening, but hey, everyone got bathed and I was outnumbered 3 to 1 so I'd call that a success.

Noah had a check up with the plastic surgeon and we had to wait for WAY too long.   There were not enough snacks, latex gloves to make into hand balloons, or books to keep everyone busy.  If we've got an appointment at 9, let's ALL show up at that time, even you Dr. Wong, o.k?

I won a random contest that earned me free drinks from Chick-fil-a for the summer.  This magic cup has been refilled countless times, and I'm loving it!
 We visited Papa at the cemetery the day before Father's Day.  Something about all of this house stress has made me miss him extra.  I've felt like I needed his advice and encouragement, and I'm especially missing his big bear hugs at this frustrating time.

 And yet, I'm really grateful that Dad is where he is.  His death gives me an opportunity to teach Noah, Luke and Leah about the atonement and resurrection more often than I would otherwise.  Papa is very much alive in our conversations, which makes the distance between us a little easier to handle.


Andy was in Scotland, but Marissa came with the kids to visit her sister.  We loved having Adalyn, Lucy, and Jack over for a few hours.


As I was making cookies one day Luke jumped up and said, "Mom! Take a picture of me and share it with the world!"  So, here you go.

All on their own the boys made an art gallery of chocolate chip cookies!  Talk about making their baker mama proud.  Noah's are the top picture and Luke are the bottom left.

No comments: