Thursday, April 3, 2014

Potty Training - Check!

I could have written this post two days after we started potty training.  Noah has got this down.  Oh, the magic of McQueen stickers and a chart.  By the second day he was earning stickers for coming to the potty still dry.  He was so super excited to show me that he was dry before going potty. And, he's still incredibly proud of himself that he's doing all of this big boy potty stuff so well.  I am too.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2014 &emdash;
The little boy who not long ago declared he was never doing big stinkies on the potty is actually quite cooperative now, although he usually asks if he can go play in his room instead of telling me he has to go.  I just follow up with the right question and he says, "Oh, yeah, mom.  I need to go."  I can't help but laugh that every time after he's all situated he says in a grown up voice, "Give me some privacy please Mom."  So, he gets his private time and takes care of business.  AND, this little boy stays dry at night, EVERY night.  Hallelujah. 

Me? I'm loving having only one kid in diapers.  I can't believe how our diapers are NOT disappearing now.  I dreaded it, but potty training was NOT hard.  It was inconvenient, but definitely not hard.   I waited a little longer than some, but it paid off with the whole process being fun for the little one and not so hard on me. 

No comments: