Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Six Months

Noah is 6 months old!
This guy just gets longer and more solid with each passing day.

Here are the stats to prove it:
Weight: 20 pounds, 14 ounces (93%)
Height: 28.5 inches (96%)
Head: 46.5 centimeters (96%)

He's fitting perfectly into his 12 month clothes.


Great things happened in month #6; most notably that he is finally sleeping through the night!

Sleep training has not been easy or come as quickly as I would have liked, but it has yielded great results, including little or no fussing when being put down for sleep.
Noah sleeps for about 11 hours with a little dream feed around 10:30 p.m. I feel like my brain and body are finally getting to catch up from so many months of interrupted sleep. After months of being stuck at 40 minute naps, Noah has learned how to go back to sleep when he wakes and get the rest he needs. That has been awesome -- for both of us.

I'm just as excited that this kid is now a bottle feeder!
It probably could have happened sooner, but trying was always such a battle. I just wasn't in the mood to force it. This must have been the right time because it was a somewhat smooth transition, and he now only bottle feeds.

Sophie the Giraffe is definitely Noah's first favorite toy.
This girl gets us through just about every boring car ride. And when you're rear facing in a car seat, they're all boring. We don't go anywhere without Sophie. Noah especially loves chewing and biting her legs.

Somewhere at the beginning of the month, Noah found his feet. It's got to be one of the cutest milestones yet to see him rolling on the floor while holding onto those chubby feet.
Noah continues to like food -- in any form. I'm having fun making it and trying different flavor combinations. This month he happily sampled oatmeal, banana, apricot, squash, green beans, carrots, peas and blueberries. From the picture you can see that zebra doesn't taste too bad either.

Every month with Noah just gets better and better. He is happy, funny and so curious about life around him.
This month I had some great moments where I could clearly see that diligent teaching really does yield results. I am reminded every day how dependent on and grateful I am for prayer. I know for sure that God wants me to be a successful mother and that caring for this little family is the most important thing I can do. So if that means providing guidance about how to help my kid nap or transition to a bottle, or any other seemingly simple things, He'll give it. And He has. And it continues to make all the difference.

1 comment:

Brandon and Evie said...

Yay for finally sleeping through the night!! So glad the bottle feedings are going great. Enjoy the rest :).