Noah is two months old!I feel like he changes every day. Weighing in at about 13 pounds by now, Noah is starting to get heavy!
In his second month Noah has:
- Begun to 'talk'! His doctor commented on how 'social' he is already.
- Smiled for the first time. He's got a serious full-mouth grin.
- Started arching his back and lifting up...like he wants to roll over. He's also pretty good at maneuvering in the swaddle. I put him in straight, but he must think this spot is more comfortable.
- Become good at putting himself to sleep, at least at night. Sometimes he'll talk to himself for a half hour before finally drifting off. He's still not a good napper though. Any suggestions?
- Grown so much that he's just about in 6 month onesies, but those legs aren't keeping up. His 3 month pants are all just a little too long still.
- Soaked in and slept through the California sun. Warmer days mean an afternoon walk with Mom.
- Continued to eat like a champ. This little one won't consider the thought of missing or spreading out his feedings -- not even at night.
- Loved spending time with his daddy on Sundays. Nate is working so much right now that Sunday is the day these two get reacquainted and see each other.
By now my maternity leave (and paychecks) have ended. I've been thinking the last few days, especially, what it would be like to go back to work right now. Oh, it would be so hard to leave him! In some ways though I think it might actually be easier -- especially when little Noah has his impressive scream going. Letting someone else deal with it doesn't sound all that bad. :-) It has been an adjustment these past two months to have significantly less social interaction and daily professional success, that's for sure.
But, I feel so blessed that I get to be Noah's mom in the way I always hoped. There is no amount of money or professional praise that makes up for the time we get to spend together. I've discovered that the best praise is a smiling little boy, and I feel successful at this job more and more every day. Happy 2 months little buddy.