Friday, February 12, 2010

Feelin' the Love

It seems that for kids Valentine's Day is like a second Halloween. In the Fall it's costumes and candy. In February it's cards and candy. Truth be told, the Valentine's Day party is probably my favorite one our class has. It's just fun to be a part of and observe the kids' excitement. I have no logical explanation for why kids get so excited to pick out, fill out and pass out silly cards, but they love it.

So today I received my own fill of the usual silliness:

But I was certainly not expecting this...

...especially since I've felt like lately my job description falls more under the description of correctional officer or prison warden instead of loving, highly qualified teacher. Good grief. It just kept coming. No complaints though, especially when it comes to that box there front and center. Eight Sheri's Berries is definitely one way to buy favoritism. :-)

Of course, there was one gift (or more) that fell into the special 'it's the thought that counts' category:

A one inch chunk of candy cane. A special thought indeed.

I have to say, it was a great, sugared-up day.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!


4 comments:

Sheryl Towers said...

I bet you are an AWESOME teacher! ox
Sheryl

The Smith Fam in Kansas said...

How cute :)
Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!

Love ya
Tamra

allison nadauld said...

So darling... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Karlea said...

Hahaha...I was thinking it was your birthday not too long ago. Happy Birthday roomie! (Belated of course...because nothing is on time right now). HOpe you had a wonderful 31st?? Hope you got spoiled rotten by that sweet husband of yours!