Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Celebrating Today

It's been three years.

Wow, time goes quickly. I love thinking back to our wedding day. There was so much happiness, excitement and reason to celebrate. Sure, as we naively looked into our future that day, things three years down the road looked differently. But both of us agree that life and love have been good to us in that time.

We like to keep things pretty simple when it comes to celebrations, but Nate has, yet again, outdone himself...and he didn't spend a penny. Just like every morning, today I got up very early and headed off to the gym. What I didn't know was that as soon as the garage door closed, my sweet husband jumped out of bed (well, maybe not jumped...) and started on my gift.

I smelled a familiar smell when I got home. Something in the oven? No...in this case, much better. Lemon 409. You see while I was off getting sweaty Nate cleaned our whole house. That's right. Floors, kitchen, bathrooms, bed made, dusting and even the dishwasher emptied. I was speechless and could just feel the love. Love in the form of cleaning products and a sparkling sink? Absolutely. It truly was the best gift he could have given.

Tonight we'll enjoy some time together and have a delicious dinner, but I think I already know what my favorite part of the day is. What a great memory to have for anniversary #3.

10 comments:

Josh said...

Congratulations Nate and Dianna! Keep it up!

allison nadauld said...

Happy Anniversary! That is such a sweet gift. Nate has it all figured out. What a perfect match. It is obvious that your marriage is all about making each other happy. Have a great one!

The Bradford Bunch said...

Congratulations!!! What a great gift! Can he come to my house next? Love ya!

Jim and Shana McGavock said...

Happy Anniversary! Cleaning really is the best gift. Jim came home on his lunch break yesterday when I wasn't home and did all the same things! Nothing says I love you like a clean house!

Tina said...

I thought of you today when I was out driving for work and what a great day that was three years ago. I hope that today was equally great as you celebrated. Love you lots.

cherise and Tristan said...

Happy Anniversary! That is the best present ever. Some people really don't get how wonderful a gift that is. One day I called Tristan crying from work saying I had a horrible day and had to come home and do so much at the house. When I got home everything was done including laundry. It was the greatest feeling ever. Truly the better than any store bought gift.

The Wigginton Family said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I just found your blog and I'm super excited to keep up with your life. Hope things are going great!

Christina said...

So wonderful! What a great day.

P.S. All ammon could talk about this afternoon was wanting a guitar...I couldn't figure out where he was coming up with the idea for a guitar until Ryan came home and Ammon told us about the big boy who had one when we were at grandma's house and played it for him and auburn and kyla at bedtime at his house! Yup. It was Nate. The kids still talk about you guys. And so do we. We love you guys....and can't thank you enough for all you did!

Allison Scherer said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm sure you'll pay Nate back with an amazing Thanksgiving dinner!

Patti said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! what a great gift that was,nothing like a clean home to walk into,and the smells of all the cleaning items used is such a great thing. I agree that having someone clean up the house is a great I love you gift!!