Wednesday, May 27, 2009

today

Today was such a happy day. And you know what? Nothing great or special happened. It was just happy. I've actually had lots of happy, blessed moments in the past week (and a few sad ones too, of course!) but today, the whole day was perfectly happy. A caring and helpful husband, sweet students, a great morning workout and, even though I didn't see or hear them, lots of prayers on my behalf. All of it made for a perfectly wonderful day.

This unexpected part of our journey towards parenthood has been pretty emotional, but so many of the emotions and tears have come because of the gratitude I have, an understanding of a perfect plan for our family, and the overwhelming love that I've felt. Blessed and grateful can only begin to describe.

So thanks. Thank you for all of your sweet messages, kind and encouraging words and the many, many prayers you have offered for us. It's those things, particularly the divine, heavenly help, that have already healed my heart and made today a truly happy day. I can't wait for tomorrow!

7 comments:

Melody said...

You are two of the sweetest, kindest people we know. We are praying for you (and also that you will soon have a little one too!) I wish I had had your attitude when I miscarried. We love you!

Patti said...

what a great attitude you have.I some times think it would be nice to see into the future,but then I realize I don't think I really want to. you are in my prayers and thoughts. and I wish you luck and success in the future.

jordan and maci said...

you are wonderful!

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry. I hadn't been on to check your blog for a few weeks and didn't even know you were expecting. You'll be in my prayers.

Branjuli said...

As usual we are the last of the fam to hear anything, so this is delayed, but we just wanted to let you both know that we are so sorry for you and love you. We already linked you to our blog, so hopefully now we can stay in better touch. Feel free to blog-stalk us because we obviously are doing the same to you!

Tricia said...

you have such a wonderful attitude and outlook I wish you much luck and success. I am sure your blessings will continue to unfold.

L McD said...

You are continually in our thoughts and prayers. With your postive attitude you can get through anything. We love you.