Thursday, December 12, 2013

Turning Three

For WEEKS Noah has been telling anyone who would listen, "We have birfdays. First we have Wuke's birfday and den it's gonna be my birfday."  Kids at the park, the checker at the grocery store, anyone at church who makes eye contact...just about everyone has known that we're having birthdays around here.

So sweet Noah could hardly contain himself when it was finally his big day.  He ran into our room at 6 a.m. as Nate and I were getting ready for church and with the happiest voice said, "Good morning Mom!  It's my birfday!"

Sunday mornings are usually pretty hurried around here.  Nate leaves at 6:15, and then I'm trying to get me and the boys out the door by 8:30.  I still wanted the birthday boy to have a special morning so we started off with pancakes.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
He LOVES the birthday song, so I ended up singing it a few times and relighting the candle.  There was definitely time for that.

After church is sometimes busy too because Nate is still gone, the boys need lunch, and Luke, especially, is on the verge of needing a nap.  Noah requested a turkey, cheese and mustard sandwich, and followed it up with, "Let's make it a birthday sandwich mom."  He wanted a candle.  How could I say no to this sweet face?
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
So I sang some more and just shook my head in disbelief that this little wonder is already three.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
We had all of the family over for a Chi-po-weh (Chipotle) inspired dinner. Noah probably asks three times a week if we can go to 'Chi-po-weh,' so I cooked up the birthday boy's favorite: cilantro lime rice, black beans, sweet barbacoa pork and all of the fixings.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
He's been practicing making 'three' on his fingers for months.  Turning three is a very big deal I guess.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;

 Oh, and I made a cake. Thank you Pinterest for the inspiration.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
And thank you Jensen for reporting that there are about 460 M&M's on that thing.  It felt like there were about a million when I was putting them on. :-)

Noah never turns down a kiss sandwich, especially on his birthday.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
Our families are incredibly generous when it comes to birthdays.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
They are also amazingly in tune with what our boys would love to have.  Just like Luke's birthday, every gift was a perfect match for Noah.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;


What is it about this picture that makes me feel like I'm seeing what my not-so-little boy is going to look like in a few years?  So grown up!
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;

Luke was content to sit with Shasta and let her accessorize him.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
Noah's made his cake request weeks ago: chocolate cake with strawberry ice cream. 
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;

He loved blowing out the candles.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;

I'm sure it's no surprise that many times this week Noah has said, "Mom, is it my birfday again?"  He had so much fun.  As soon as the doctor walkd in the door at his annual check up this morning  Noah said, "Hi Dr. Frank. I had a birfday, and now I'm THREE," (as he help up his three fingers).  

And speaking of the check up, here are the big three year-old's stats:
Height: 37.5 inches (53%)
Weight: 32 pounds (54%)

No comments: