Friday, August 16, 2013

Meeting Super Why

Earlier this week I took Noah up to the mall because Whyatt, from the PBS show Super Why, was visiting Pottery Barn Kids.  He's one of Noah's favorites.  I joked with Nate that I've never seen so many children or ridiculously expensive strollers at the mall.  Noah kept saying, "Look Mom, I be patient," as we waited about twenty minutes to get to the front of the line.  He gave Whyatt a high five and a hug.  That's about all the time we had before it was the next kid's turn.  But he was totally satisfied.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
After looking around in the store we rode the 'oxilator' (escalator) a few times and then headed back to the car.  We finished off our date with a stop at McDonalds.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;

Such a silly guy.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
I realized after this simple adventure that I want to take more opportunities to be with just him.  And I'm not talking about taking him on an errand with me.  We had such a great time holding hands, talking about the trucks we saw on the road, and just looking at each other while we were eating.  It's not very often outside of our home that I get to focus on him alone.  It was special.
Nate Boyce: ND Boyce 2013 &emdash;
As we sat there at lunch I thought about it being the first week of school, and if I was teaching I simply could not have done this.  I would have been in my classroom.  I am so grateful we made this decision for me to be home with our boys.  I'll never forget what a shock and change it was in the beginning after ten years of teaching; but, wow, I feel blessed every day that I don't miss a thing, even meeting Super Why.

1 comment:

Brandon and Evie said...

What a special, awesome day with your handsome guy! I'm so glad you got to spend some one-on-one time with him. I'm also glad that you don't miss a thing about teaching...you are right where you should be! :)