Noah is three months old!Thanks to my sister, this future Cougar, like the rest of us, is ready for a little March Madness. We'll give him a few years before he builds his own bracket though.
My little Noah is growing and changing incredibly fast. Well, and I guess he really isn't so little.
Today we stopped by the pediatrician's office for a little weigh in.
At 15 pounds, 11 ounces and 25 inches long, it's hard to believe that we were ever worried about gaining weight.
Here are a few things we'll remember about the third month:
- Finally got eyelashes and eyebrows. Thank goodness he has his dad's eyelashes and not my sparseness.
- Laughs when I stick my tongue out at him, and then sticks his tongue out too. I'm not sure what it is about the changing table, but it sure makes Noah laugh and smile when he's there.
- Slept for four and a half hours -- but only one night. He's still quite fond of waking every three for a little snack.
- Is beginning to show signs of teething: lots of hand chewing, drooling and little bumps under those gums. Teeth around the corner already?
- Decided bottle feeding wasn't for him and has pretty much refused it for the whole month. In just the past few days I've gotten him to take it, but he'll only take that silly bottle from me. Kind of defeats the purpose of bottle feeding. I'm working on it...
- Sometimes Noah's head looks just like an oscillating fan. It goes side to side, over and over again. He really wants to take everything in. That makes going to sleep hard -- on both of us. :-)
- Is wearing 6 month clothes. I packed up all of the newborn and three month ones yesterday. It felt like I was leaving my little baby behind a bit. Oh, those feelings of wanting to see him grow get conflicted with wanting to hold on to the tiny guy that we brought home from the hospital!
Thankfully, he's got buckets of cuteness to make up for the challenging moments.