Friday, June 19, 2009

I miss this face...

I've been a widow this week. A Boy Scout widow. I lost my husband to some serious adventure and camping in the high Sierras. This whole super activity was his idea, thus a large part of the planning and organization became his responsibility as well. He spent months preparing and worked so hard getting ready for it. It was no small task to coordinate (and buy!) food for the week, plan activities, and even build a really fancy (maybe functional is a better word choice) top for a latrine -- with a real toilet seat and toilet paper holder! Thanks Grandpa for your help on that one. Basically, to keep it short, it was a TON of work for him. But he did it and I know those boys have had a great, memorable time and so has he. I tell you, I'm a lucky wife to have such a hardworking, dedicated husband.

I'm excited for him to come home tomorrow.
We've been apart for longer, but never gone this long without talking on the phone -- even when we were dating and I was in Zambia.

So come home sweet husband.
Your wife and the washing machine (uh, and the shower) are awaiting your arrival!

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Jacob had a fantastic time!! I knew someone specific was behind all that great food and fun. Thank you Nate (and Diana) for all your hard work for our boys!

Unknown said...

He's just like his dad!:) Nate is a great guy he comes from a great family!:)

Eric, Vayana, Bryant and Jordan said...

Hey Dianna! Guess what? I'm back blogging. :)
I'm finally going on everyone's blog today and realized how much news I've missed. You gotta teach me more cooking or baking tips though cause you totally rock at it.