Saturday, November 17, 2007

One Year Later...

Today is our first anniversary. I can't believe it! Part of me is amazed at how quickly time has gone, and another part of me feels like we've been married for a lot longer than just a year. In fact at almost this exact time a year ago I was walking into the temple. The men at the desk looked at my recommend and said, "Boyce, huh? How did you manage to snag a Boyce?" Nate hates that story, but I love it, because it just shows what a great guy (and husband!) he is. Of course, I reminded those nice gentlemen that Nate was pretty lucky too.

I keep reflecting back on that day (hey, I only get a first anniversary once, so if I ramble, just be patient with me!) and remembering the feeling I had when we walked into the sealing room. I have never felt feelings of love just flooding a room like I did then. To our family and dear friends, I'll never be able to thank you enough just for being there. You are part of the most special memories I have of that day. Looking around that room just took my breath away, and I'm so grateful that we were able to share it with so many.
The past year has been awesome. People say that the first year can be so hard. I guess it can be, but we've really found that with patience, determination and love everything, even the really hard things, can and do strengthen our relationship. I'm grateful for the big things that marriage has brought us, like always having my best friend around and experiencing first hand the daily blessings of being sealed in the temple, but also for little things, like eating and making dinner together, walks on the bike trail and Nate watching an occasional episode of Oprah with me, even if he'd rather be watching The Office. Of course, I only pick ones I know he'll like! In fact we were watching it a few weeks ago when Jerry Seinfeld was on promoting Bee Movie. I loved his comments about his marriage and how it takes work to make it successful. He said, "People are lazy and I'm tired of it. Everything's work. There's nothing wrong with work." I agree. Work translates into love, and I feel so blessed that Nate and I both were taught to work hard in everything we do, including our marriage.
So, here's to a great first year. Maybe we'll thaw out the top of our cake that my mom has so graciously stored in her freezer for 365 days. I can't wait to see what adventures we'll find in year two! Nate, you're the best!

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Congrats you guys!!! I am really excited for that day! isn't marriage so awesome? Have fun celebrating you love birds

Anniebanannie said...

What a happy day that was. I'm so glad you are a part of our family, Dianna. And well, Nate, we don't really have a choice.

Jenner said...

you made it! congrats, it just gets better.

Patti said...

hey guys congrats.to both of you!! I have to say that you make a really cute couple. I just love to go to all the family blogs and see the up dates. I am not to good at up dating mine. I have some picitures of Las Vegas that I took and Tasha maybe can find time to show me how to down load them on my blog.as for getting better I have to say yes it does get better!!

Natasha said...

congratulations marriage does take work but not allot if your really happy together but I agree that si does take work and effort on all parts to make it work. I hope every year is as good as your first. Good Luck and have fun

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! Wish I could have been there. Hope to you see guys sometime soon.

daniel said...

I don't remember if I told you or not -- during your wedding ceremony my cell phone kept going off. Don't ask me why I didn't remember to leave it in the car, let alone turn it off. I received, I think, six calls during the ceremony. Luckily, it was on the vibrate setting. I just kept my hand in my pocket and turned it off as soon as it would start buzzing. I was sweating it big time because I was sure that everyone could hear it. Aside from that little bit of terror, I have wonderful memories of your wedding day, and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it.

We miss the Boyces. Come to Canada.

Russell said...

I don't know if I ever told you this, but I called Dan Wood like 10 times on your wedding day.

Way to go, Nate (and Dianna too).

Ashley said...

I am so excited that you guys have a blog! Your wedding pictures really are beautiful!